We are a Christ-centered after school and summer camp program with two locations in Pearl/Brandon and the Reservoir. We are accepting applications for the position of group leader. You will be directly responsible for up to 20 school-age children (primarily K-5th grade). During the school year, this is a part-time afternoon position that works well around most school schedules. For Summer Camp, staff are divided into a morning and afternoon shift.
As a Christ-centered program, our purpose and goal is to show our children and families Christ through not only daily devotions, but through our actions, words, and attitudes. A healthy personal walk with Christ is essential to effectively perform this job. We strive to be a staff of integrity; realizing we are examples and mentors to each child here.
- Must be 18 or older, and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass a criminal and sexual abuse background check, as well as drug screening.
- This job requires you to be able to be physically active with the children during recreation time. This may include indoor/outdoor games, as well as sitting at ground level, and walking regularly.
- Ability to spend extended time outside, weather permitting. (playground, field trips, etc.)
- Homework is done by the children Mon-Thurs. Ability to multi-task is crucial.
- Ability to be relational with children, while maintaining an enjoyable, structured environment.
- Reference EMAIL ADDRESSES must be listed on the employment application. For potential applicants, we email a referral form to each reference (post initial interview).
If you have a passion for working with children, and meet the above requirements, we would love to talk with you! A resume is great, and may be submitted with your application. But a completed employment application is REQUIRED. You may come by our office during office hours (12:00-1:30pm, 2:30-6:00pm M-F), or fill out our online application.